Saturday, June 11, 2011

Firing up App Inventor for Android

I have finally finished the last of the beginner tutorials and am starting to build up my list of projects. So far it is easy enough, but I would like to get a clearer picture of exactly how the components work. A good resource for this is App Inventor - Create your own Android Apps.

So in order to test drive App inventor and analyze its viability for creating mobile applications for libraries and other related users, I have to first download that application and create a phone emulator (since I currently do not own smart phone).

I started out by first logging on to the App Inventor set up page, and followed the instructions there.

1. Install and test your JAVA installation
2. Set up your phone emulator or your phone
3. Install App Inventor (the app inventor design stage is web based)

Once all the components are loaded there are several beginner tutorials:
HelloPurr (yes, this deals LOL cats)
PaintPot (a little paint application)
MoleMash (a game)
PicCall (phone functionality)

No comments:

Post a Comment